Absence Management Training
DHS provides best practice absence management training to give your managers and human resource staff the competence and self assurance to deal with a range of unplanned leave challenges. Our Absence Management Development Program focuses on the core competencies required to effectively deal with absenteeism in the workplace. It raises awareness of the psychological factors that contribute to motivated absence, and provides the tools and techniques for managing all types of unplanned leave.
- Essential elements of good absence management
- Strategies to minimise a culture of entitlement
- Risk Behaviour Model of motivated absence
- Managing the 4 Core Types of absenteeism behaviours
- Conducting collaborative and quality RTW interviews
- Choosing the right RTW interview approach
- Understanding how to address patterns and medical certificates constructively
- How to develop an Attendance Improvement Plan and manage trigger points
DHS has trained over 10,000 leaders across Australia and New Zealand to effectively manage absenteeism in the workplace. Our programs can be tailored to meet a customer’s organisational needs and workplace culture. Please contact us to find out how we can deliver a program that is fit for purpose.
Loved the knowledge and psychology behind absenteeism and how to approach different types of chronic absentees.Melinda, HR, Banking & Finance
The information provided was fantastic and comprehensive, and the facilitator had exceptional subject matter knowledge.Tom, HR Manager, Telecommunications
The program is highly interactive and really gets to the heart of the issues. DHS certainly demonstrated that they are subject matter experts in this field.Andrew, HR Manager, Transport