- DHS reduce absenteeism by 45%
- $3 million in cost savings
- 4 work days saved per employee per annum
- Absence Recording
- Nurse advice service
- AbsenceTrack System
- Management Training
Our client has one of the lowest levels of absenteeism in their industry. However this was not always the case.
The contact centre industry is renowned for having absenteeism levels up to 50% higher than other occupations. Our client is Australia’s 2nd largest internet provider, with many employees working in Customer Service and Contact Centre roles.
DHS has worked collaboratively with our client to develop and implement a strategy which has reduced absenteeism to 50% below normal industry levels.
How the Program Works
Employees are required to notify of an absence via a centralised nurse led absence recording and medical advice line. The line is in operation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
All levels of management have access to a comprehensive Dashboard which provides insights into causes, frequency, and duration of absence in real-time. Individual Absence Records are used by managers to assist with return to work conversations with notes being entered into a single on-line repository. Return to work compliance reporting is used by HR and senior management to drive proactive return to work behaviours.
The program is built on our AbsenceTrack system, and includes core components including:
1. 24×7 Nurse led Absence Recording, providing advice to employees and immediate notification of absence to managers
2. RTW interview discussions (back to work discussions) are sent ot manager to complete through AbsenceTrack, and they are consistently completed across the organisation
3. Trigger alerts and management action when employees reach patterns or thresholds. This is all automated through AbsenceTrack
4. Real-time absence monitoring: the system provides HR and managers with reporting and analytics to monitor absence, identify problem areas, and manage complex cases
5. Case conferences with DHS Absence Assist specialists, to work with managers on difficult cases and identify strategies for improving attendance
Benefits and Results
DHS have been able to deliver the following benefits:
- 45% absence reduction
- $3 million in financial savings, after DHS costs
- Automated reporting eliminates admin for HR and managers
- Reduced under-reported absence that would otherwise cost the company
- Supports manager and employee communication and engagement
- Employee access to 24/7 health advice and support an invaluable self-funded employee benefit